International Year of Astronomy/En
The International Year of Astronomy is a year-long celebration of astronomy, taking place in 2009 to coincide with the 400th anniversary of the first recorded astronomical observations with a telescope by Galileo Galilei and the publication of Johannes Kepler's Astronomia nova in the 17th Century.
This page will be used to coordinate the creation of multilingual learning projects during the year.
IYA2009 Cornerstone projectsEdit
- 100 Hours Of Astronomy
- The Galileoscope
- Cosmic Diary
- The Portal to the Universe
- She is an Astronomer
- Dark Skies Awareness
- Astronomy and World Heritage
- Galileo Teacher Training Program
- Universe Awareness
- From Earth to the Universe
- Developing Astronomy Globally